Monday, July 05, 2021

Heading West - Day 1 - from South Bend to Iowa City (June 26, 2021) - by Finn

Guest Blogger - Finnegan

My family LOVES to travel, and so do I!  Due to COVID, and me joining the family last March, we decided to drive west this summer.  We packed up, and we were off!

First stop - Iowa City, Iowa.  You could almost smell the corn growing!

We had lunch at Big Grove Brewery, as I was allowed a to be at the table, and from what I heard, the beer was good too!  We were luckily under the overhang as a big rain shower came through.  Afterwards I took my people on a walk to get some exercise.  We spent a little time at a nearby park my kids seemed to enjoy.

There was a reunion happening at our hotel, The Highlander, with some of the nicest most friendly people - and dogs! - we have ever met.  The family said the key to their successful multi-generational reunion was having the exact same weekend each year.  I am going to suggest this to Riddick and Nezzie.  Okay, and Remy.  Such a large group made the pool extra busy, but it was till fun to enjoy watching my kids swim.

The view from our window...with a crazy number of bikes piled on :)



No comments: