Sunday, July 11, 2021

Day 13 - Lake Tahoe (July 9 )

By Finny

My mom had a bunch of calls this morning, so we just went for a short walk.  Then we drove to the Kingsbury North Trail for my dad, Lily and Caden to the downhill mountain bike trail.  Gia and I walked them up to the trail head, but it was too hot to do any more hiking.  I walked from shady spot to shady spot and plopped down.  Hiking in 90-degree heat with a fur coat is not a good idea.  I took my girls down the hill to a coffee shop instead and had a smoothie.


Here are some pics of the biking team.





Once back home my kids and mom played Monopoly.  The pieces are different in this game with a penguin, a duck, a dinosaur, and NO DOG!/  Hmph. My mom wanted to be sure I mentioned that she was really lucky and won big :)

They all did some reading afterwards and we all just relaxed.  This orange chair is mine.  When I stand on it I have a great view of the beach.  I really like the views here.

I tried to point out the view to Lily, and then we just snuggled.

We headed over to the beach to meet some of my dog friends and do some swimming.  I also enjoyed a new game a I made up called "catch the geese".  

We stayed through the sunset and them came home for some Gilmore Girls.

No comments: