Saturday, July 24, 2021

Day 26 - Lake Tahoe (July 22)

By Finny

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Napa.  My mom and I got up early and took a walk into town to the Model Bakery.  We shared an apricot scone and mom had a coffee.  It was a great walk with a perfectly chilly morning!


We packed up and headed to the Chappellet Winery.  I had to stay outside, so Lily, Caden and I strolled around the grounds keeping a look out for rattle snakes.  Everyone else took a tour inside, and then we sat outside among the grapes for a tasting.  It was really pretty.











We stopped for lunch at the Oakville Grocery on our way out of town.  I of course nibbled on rosemary ham and brie.  



Not a bad view from our picnic table!



On to San Francisco!

We had a pretty quick trip!  My mom wanted to go to the Magic Patio.  We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and I dipped my toes in the pay.  It was too foggy or smoky to see the Golden Gate Bridge very well.  We headed the steep streets, through Chinatown, and then went to the magic show.  It was pretty cool!  And it was very nice of them to let me watch it too!


NOW!


No comments: