Friday, July 09, 2021

Day 8 - Lake Tahoe (July 4, 2021)

 By Finny

We awoke to a beautiful morning.  Happy Birthday America!  California and Nevada are a bit dry, so no fire works.  I didn't mind.  I find the loud noises a bit disconcerting.


I snuggled my Lily before taking a walk around the neighborhood and then heading off to church.

None of us can get over the size of the pinecones.  CRAZY!

We arrived at church an hour late, or an hour early, depending on how you look at it :)  We went to a cute little coffee shop to bide our time.

I didn't feel like going to mass, and they wouldn't let me in anyway, so I took turns walking my kids around the neighborhood.

We relaxed at home, grilled some salmon and my people played some board games before attempting to walk to the beach.  The road was a bit busy for the 4th, so we sent mom for the car to pick us up to drive home.  It is just 1/2 mile away, or .8 all uphill as mom would say.  It was all a bit tiring.




No comments: