Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What time is it?!?

With the help of wine, M&Ms and 'How I Met Your Mother on TV, I stayed up until 9pm last night, fully expecting to not have my 2am rendezvous - but I didn't account for Lily climbing into my bed, followed by Caden, after Gia was already there. Corey and Caden retreated to another bed, but it was too late.  Already wide awake. I guess I made it until 3 '_'  so, getting closer to normal...  

Last night was interesting.  Corey has been walking to ND and taking the bus home with as many groceries as he can carry.  However last night we had a terrible thunderstorm with crazy winds.  He estimated a 5:30 arrival.  Caden fell asleep -on me - around 4 complaining of a tummy ache.  Gia was getting sleepy so I carried Caden to his bed and put her and Lily in the bath while I unpacked Lily's new-found suitcase.  Now 5:15, we headed to the kitchen so Gia could eat before she fell asleep.  Picture this - Gia screaming and crying because she didn't want her banana sliced, Lily crying because she is worried about her dad out in this terrible storm, and Caden trudges in to begin vomiting.  I suppose I should have started with this to help explain the wine and M&Ms :)

A quiet and peaceful house at 3:42, ahhh....

No comments: