Thursday, July 18, 2013

Running in darkness

So I ran with my new running buddies this morning.  We departed at 5:30am in the pitch black, with a view of bright stars overhead.  We wound around on little paths, over the river, and popped up along the ocean - which I of course couldn't see, but sure enjoyed hearing.  Despite not being able to truly see the terrain, I could feel the hills.  We ran down past Cottesloe Beach (where I used to work as a barrista) and then stopped for a drinking fountain.  I checked my watch and realized I was running a fully 1:30 faster than my usual pace, which of course took its psychological toll - especially when you consider it was up and down hills most of the way.  We then ran back the same route, as the sun came up.  Tons of people out running, walking and cycling.  So many beautiful miles of ocean beach!  You can run a full 20 miles all the way into Perth. I will post a photo later this weekend.  I am now in recovery...

1 comment:

dad said...

I love reading of your adventures. Love dad