Saturday, July 27, 2013

Two week anniversary in Australia

Time is flying by.  I cannot believe we have been here 2 weeks already!  The morning began early with Lily and I having coffee in the kitchen and reading some more Harry Potter.  We constantly have music in our little kitchen with Pandora playing through out laptops.  So nice.  We did a bit of dancing to one of my all-time favorite songs, Cannon in D.

Once Caden and Gia were up we tackled making our raspberry white chocolate muffins.  This has been a much sought after item here in Australia, and at $4.50 a muffin, I thought we should just make and freeze our own.  They turned out delish!  http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/raspberry-and-white-chocolate-muffins-L11580.html

Corey and I cleaned up the house a bit, wrestling out the vacuum for our first time, and then took advantage of a break in the rain and headed to the grocery store.  It is amazing what you can fit into a jogging stroller and a backpack!  We are now well stocked to feed us and fifty other families this week!!!

On the way home, the kids and I stopped at our closest park, just off Marmion St., which we have strangely not played at yet, while Corey rushed back to get the groceries in the fridge!  As you can see, the kids had a blast!



All playsets are under a cover or tree to protect from the sun.
 We were downright shocked on our way home to run into these little cuties.  They came right up to us - which caused Gia to tremble in fear and shriek like someone was pulling off a finger nail.  The kids were thrilled that the chickens wanted to follow us home. Me, not so much.  However I am planning on an after-dark excursion through neighbor's backyards to 'borrow eggs'.  All the better if they happen to have a lemon tree!
Tonight we decided to walk to dinner again.  I am determined to do that darn 20 miler tomorrow, so I thought some good carb-loading of pasta might help with my psyche.  Here we are walking to dinner...
 Our table.  Cute and quaint with homemade pasta and great kid stuff.  We will definitely return.
Walk home was again golden.  Not sure what it is, but the kids are so talkative and inquisitive on the way home from dinner the past couple of nights.  Caden IS grandma Sandy with his constant stopping to admire flowers.  I love it!

Lily fast asleep next to me now after insisting I should keep reading Harry Potter as she is just "resting her eyes".  Reminds me of my grandma and grandpa Hale.  Gia, Caden and Corey are asleep on the couch watching footy.  Caden keeps asking why the kids always talk about the Fremantle Dockers at school!  We tell him, they are just big fans, kind of like many people about ND football :)

No comments: