Saturday, May 20, 2023

London to Oxford to Cotwsold's - Day 10 - Aug 6

Last day without Lily!  Excited to get my girl!  But first, my traditional farewell run (and taking out the trash) 😉

By city!


This is my door.


Picking up the rental car was no joke!  First of al, it took FOREVER!  Lily was texting me the whole time telling me she was the last person there.  I felt terrible.  Which is why when I finally got to the rental car - in the very last row of the lot - and saw it was a ZIP CAR painted in embarrassing bright-colored circles,  How I only managed to get this one photo of the car, I have no idea!

I hopped in and took off.  It helped that the song "Flight of the Bumble Bee" was blaring to give me added confidence to drive a small stick-shift on the opposite side of the road!  There were a ridiculous number of round-a-bouts, and my GPS was perfectly timed to tell me to exit JUST AFTER I passed the exit.  I was laughing out loud.  But made it eventually!


Walking to Lily...


Talk about a happy and confident young woman!  She certainly had her share of challenges this week (bloody hell!), but she thrived!  She made great friends, found her spots around the city, and loved the classroom experience.  My heart is full!



She took me to the markets to see some of her favorite spots.

I never knew how much I wanted, nay NEEDED, a hat until this moment.

We had to find the perfect obligatory sweatshirt she can wear well into her 90's.

We bought Finn a stuffed Finn, stopped for a coffee here, and then were off to the Cottsolds!

The Airbnb we rented was spectacular!

And it came with wine and sparkling juice.  Heaven!


Great books scattered about...

One of the many breathtaking views.  This building is the stables.

Walking the castle grounds, including an old cemetery and a church.



Some happy girls!












The castle gardens


We went to dinner in Tetbury (not far from Highgrove - King Charles garden home).  
More peas.


My cute date.

Icky-Sticky Pudding = Pure Delight!

Gorgeous sunset looking out across the fields of the castle we are staying at.





Goodnight Cotswold's!  I think we've fallen in love! 

No comments: