Saturday, May 20, 2023

London to Oxford (and back to London for me!) - Day 3 - July 30

 Saying farewell to "The Henry" and taking a train to Oxford.  We are both nervous!

The view from our window.

Breakfast in our hotel lobby.



Training it in...



Walking to Lily's College - Corpus Christi.


Once there we had to wait in a line to check-in.  Was nice to meet some of the other parents and students.  Funny story that a couple I met invited me to ride in their Uber back to London with them.  I told them that I was okay and enjoyed the quiet train ride.  Then they realized they traveled without any money or cards!  So I loaned them some cash, which they did pay back.  Was just funny.
Lily' college courtyard and dorm...

Love this pic of my beautiful girl!

Her room

The dining hall.  Very "Harry Potter-ish"


Walking back, taking it all in.  How does anyone get any studying done amidst this incredible beauty?



Back home and checked into my Airbnb for the week.  A tiny little place with a murphy bed and a little patio, right across from Regent's Park.  Love the location!


Met the Buser's and Kane's for dinner.  So fun to see friends away from home!

No comments: