Monday, May 31, 2021

Milan - Day 12, May 28, 2021

 My farewell run this morning...


My favorite street...



Our street...

The front door of our building


Lily's Milanese outfit for today :)

We headed off to Patticeria Cucchia, which won our award for best croissant in Milan, followed closely by Rose by Mary.




Next we headed over to Sempione Park at the Sforza Castle to do some water color painting, and maybe a little napping :)


We stopped in this cute iconic Milan shop on the way home and I bought a great map of Cattolica.

Then some takeout lunch from...you guessed it!  Panini Durini.  I had the salad with tuna and avocado this time.  Lily opted to heat up her left over carbonera from the night before.

Final class today!  During the break, I tried to get our Covid results.  Even with 6 Italians helping me, we couldn't get through the call line.  The website wanted to text my US number, which wouldn't work, as the form does not except enough numbers for a US number.  Stress levels were peaked!  AND I DO NOT HAVE AN ITALIAN TAX ID!!! Thankfully Massimo and Chiara found a creative way to get the results, but it took hours of stressful waiting on a Friday night with our Saturday morning flight hours away.   We did not have our results until 8:30 PM, but they came through, and it took an entire village and then some.  I am soooo grateful.


A guest lecturer from the Art Institute of Chicago and my view with the Cattolica computer, my laptop as the team set up feature is not enabled logging on through Cattolica, and the students in the background.  It was a great course with an incredible group again this year.  Very blessed to teach this course each year!

Celebratory drinks / appertivo after the course.


We headed out to complete our final transportation challenge of our 2 weeks in Milan with is biking!





There was a light show being projected on one of the buildings in Duomo square for the Milan bike tour ending there tomorrow.


We stopped for dinner at 10:30 by the Arco della Pace for a toasted salmon sandwich.


We finished packing around midnight for our flight to Paris tomorrow!



No comments: