Sunday, May 30, 2021

Milan - Day 10, May 26, 2021

 I made it out for a run this morning.  Such beautiful light on the gorgeous streets and buildings!



Once back, I got Lily up for an early start to her day.  We had morning reservations to see the Last Supper.



The Last Supper was painted on a wall of a convent by Leonardo Da Vinci.


For some reason I imagined it a smaller painting rather than a large fresco.  Just incredible to see in person, imagining that Da Vinci himself was painting in that very room 500 years ago!





We then walked over towards the Duomo to go to my historically favorite croissant place, Rose by Mary.  It did not disappoint!
Note Lily below on the other side of the display.



We strolled through Galleria Vittorio, the oldest, and maybe the pretties, mall in the world.




We strolled through some of the shops....

And then pick up some Rose by Mary sandwiches for takeaway, which were incredible!


Class for Lily 2 - 7, and I started at 2:30.  I met Martina for an appertivo  (drinks and what I view as a full meal of apps) afterwards, and then she hung at our place for a bit before biking home.


No comments: