Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuscany - June 11

Even luggage looks beautiful in this house with the sun streaming in from one of the many porches.  Troy and Carolyn are heading off this morning '_'  We will miss them!
 Hill running was just not the same without them.  So I just walked and took pictures instead :)

We promised the kids a car-free day today.  So we swam, played UNO, and swam some more :)  The kids all crashed early today.


 Espresso macchiato from my in-house barista. 

Since we are light on photos, except for these from Lily...


we have a couple of guest bloggers:

Italy Reflection, by Caden Angst
Must-Do's for Kids

If you were a kid going to Florence one of the things I suggest is going to a Pizza place because it is like one of the best things you will ever eat in Florence.  If your parents rent a place there make sure you get in on where you are going because you could be up in the mountains, like where I am right now where I am typing this blog article, or you could be in the city where you don’t take cars and walk around every where and eat gelato and go to historical places like the Statue of David also Leonardo's greatest work and fun parks.  But the only thing bad about the historical stuff is that most of the statues and famous things are naked and that is not a pleasing site to see every where you walk.  But I recommend whoever is reading this article to go to Italy and go to Florence.

One thing I will always remember about Florence is walking around – one day in particular we went to a gelato place that had “riso” gelato, which is basically rice pudding.  We ate it and walked around, and I managed to get it all over my face and hands.  I loved walking by all of the shops that were selling scarves, leather and fresh fruits and vegetables.  It was really fun because by Uncle Troy and Aunt Carolyn joined us for part of our trip this time.  I loved walking around with them and having a lot of fun with them.  We took a cooking class together and I really loved making ravioli (which I keep calling "pop-sockets") with them.



Italy Reflection, by Lily Angst 
Here are the top 5 things you HAVE to do if your in Italy.

              1.-go to get gelato.  I would get chocolate cherry, although this is tough to find.  I usually get chocolate and something with Nutella, like Baci.  Otherwise I would recommend a sorbet, like a lemon.

              2.-when you're in Italy you need to get pizza.  I recommend margarita pizza it taste so so good.  They make it with Buffalato mozzarella here.

              3-you should definitely hike Cinque Terre if you love to explore like me you will love the experience.  The view is so beautiful.   The view is like you are dreaming.  FYI,  don’t drink most of your water the first 30 seconds you will get really dehydrated (I know this from experience).

              4-take lots of city strolls.  I personally like to look at the buildings because they are so historic.  Italy has so much interesting history to it.  Its so cool to think that ancient people have walked in some of these buildings.  Just yesterday I walked in a building in Siena that was built in the 1200’s!

              5-take blind walks - where you don’t have a phone to guide you you just go out walking then once you think your ready to go home you look up were your house is and find you're way back.  I’ve done this with my mom and its really fun.  Although one day we ended up on a 5 mile walk/run by the time we found our way back!



Italy Reflection, by Gianna Angst 

One of my favorite things about Italy is gelato.  It tastes good and the experience is happiness.  I recommend getting chocolate cherry, crema, riso, or stratciatella.  Usually they let you get two or three flavors in one small cone.

Another great thing are croissants.  I recommend crema.

I also love the pool.  We didn't have one in Florence, but we have one at this house. 

Definitely do not go on too long of walks.  It can be really tiring.  Last year we hiked Cinque Terre and it was a really long walk with a lot of steps.

Italy is very hard to describe, because it is so beautiful.  You should really go.  There are too many things for me to describe because it is all so pretty!

One of my most favorite memories from this trip is being with my family in the pool and having so much fun.

             
                                                                              

No comments: