Sunday, June 03, 2018

Innovation & Design Thinking in Milan

Another incredible experience for me (Wendy) teaching at the Universita of Cattolica del Sacro Coure.  The students were so engaged and really worked hard to deliver amazing solutions for the re-imaging the museum experience.  Between a wonderful class, breathtaking Milan that is beginning to feel like a second home, and spending time with dear friends, I ended my two weeks feeling very grateful and blessed.  Below are a few of the highlights, by the day.

May 21, 2018
Quick note that I arrived in Milan without luggage and wearing a walking boot for my sprained toe.   However I took the train from the airport and was able to walk "home" without using a map, which felt like a small victory.  I got right to work prepping my 6 hours of teaching the next morning...







May 22 - 25
Visit to Deloitte Greenhouse



Loved getting this photo from Gia's teacher :)







My morning run... the building in the far right is Augustinianum where I stay.



Prototyping exercises with the Milano Avanade team



May 26-27

Rosemary Dispensary won "best croissant", by me.  It was hard work testing :) Pic below.


Using Airbnb, tried the Ashtanga Yoga experience.  It was wonderful!







Pave - NYT voted this one as best croissant...

My 8 miles of running - to get to and from Pave and to check out some of the parts and side streets along the way.  



Spent time with Chiara, Massimo and Matilda in the afternoon... lunch at a museum, garden tour of beautiful homes, and the Navigli antique markets.









Week 2 of teaching May 28 - June 1




Visit to Frog Design for idea critiques from their design team.











Coffee with BIP and Slack





Visit to Microsoft House




Visit to Armani Silos 



"Appertivo" with students on the last day of class. 

At 5 PM I met 10 of the students for wine at California Bakery to talk about life journey mapping.  Such a lovely way to end my time at Cattolica.  I was teary to leave!

Walking home from dinner that evening... 


June 2 - Happy Birthday Corey
Corey and kids are on their way!!! I did a 2 hour run around the city to say my farewells...










No comments: