Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Tel Aviv, Israel - Day 15, June 11 (Norm's birthday)

Today is Norm's birthday.  We sure do miss him.  Sending him birthday love in heaven.

First thing in the morning, Corey and I decided to head out and explore on our own for a bit.  We mapped out some beautiful neighborhoods we wanted to see, as we knew the kids would be singularly focused on the beach.  But first – coffee.  It was delicious!

Corey and I walked up the promenade for a mile so, with fenced in play areas and benches set artfully throughout.  The walking path on one half, the biking/scooter path on the other, there was much to see.  Since Corey is traveling with broking ribs, we debated a short walk, and thought we would take advantage of being without kids.  An hour later…which included walking to two different points around the promenade and many, many photos of trying to get a photo of my ID uploaded to authenticate I am over 18 (like the requisite selfie is not enough proof!) – Corey scootered (helmets are attached to the bikes - he kept his ball cap on), and I ran full sprint.  It was fun, and a moment from Israel that will make me smile.


Afterwards we met the kids on the street to get a coffee and explore the shops.  




Loved sitting out, watching people go by.  I ducked into a shop to buy some hair product to offset the helmet style my haircut is supporting right now ‘_’ and had a chance to meet a sweet little poodle, or doodle?, that gave so many kisses.  I really miss my puppy.

We ended up in a pharmacy trying to get anti-itch cream for the strange allergic skin rash I am sporting.  It started on my knee – which I thought was a spider bite, but is now on both legs, arms, my foot and face.  Argh!  Someday I need to do an allergy test!!!

We met with the Busers and headed to the beach promenade for lunch.  We found ourselves at a Greek restaurant eating phenomenal Greek salads, gyros, olives and wine.  Beaches are beautiful! Life is good.








We headed back to get our swimsuits on so we could do some swimming.  These photos are from round 2 of the beach.




This is at the gate to our apartment complex post-swim!

We headed to dinner later that evening.  Highlight – aside from wonderful friends and food – was Seb finding 700 shekel on the staircase, and without giving it a second thought, turning it in.  Well done Buser fam!


Kids headed for ice cream or cookies for dessert while parents drank a shot of Anzac.  Oye!  Big day tomorrow heading to Jerusalem.  Off to bed – with full bellies and hearts!





So interesting seeing the different currencies.  For the Shekel you basically divide the amount by 3 to get to USD.


No comments: