Friday, December 30, 2022

Florence & Milan - Day 8 - May 22

I had my first long run this morning, setting out to run 8 miles around beautiful Florence.  So much to see I would have gladly run 20!  Well, maybe not 20, but it was soulful!  And extra fun because I listened to Gia's playlist.  It made me smile listening to the songs she picked and imagining why each one was selected.




Caden and I stopped for snacks on our way to the bus.

Meanwhile in Milan...croissants and markets for flowers :)

Then we were reunited! Yay!  AND two of my favorite people, and former students, Audrey and Alice took the train down from Switzerland and joined us for dinner at Obica.

After dinner we walked through the piazza amidst the CRAZY celebration of AC Milan winning the Italian Cup Serie A.  The excitement was mob-like.  Gia was super nervous.  It was really thrilling - and very loud! - to be in the mix!




Then we went to Chocalti for gelato and all was well :)

No comments: