Thursday, October 20, 2022

Uganda to Kenya - January 3

We had breakfast at the hotel with a little creature that turned out to be a bat!  Then off to the the airport.



Going through security we came across this uber fan of Ugandan president Musevini!


The planes to Kenya were TINY!  Once through security - where they made me throw away my 5 oz of sunscreen (grrr...) we carried our own bags out to the plane (double grrr...) and then made up 5 of the 6 passengers!  Beautiful flight.





Our second flight from Nairobi to the game lodge...



Once we landed we were picked up by our driver Nelson, complete with a cooler full of beverages, and set off the lodge.  A gorgeous drive through the savannah.



























As we drove up to our house in the Masai Mara at the Sanctuary Olonana Camp.  We were greeted with a Masai who led us into the house as he played the flute.  Good to know there is a backup career for me that I can use my flute!








The house exceeded expectations on every level!   Every room had a panel of windows that fully opened to the outdoors overlooking the river that was teaming with wildlife.  And if that's not enough, we were greeted by the house staff with cocktails and a beautiful lunch sitting out along the river. 






This outdoor lounger was one of my favorite spots.

And this tub was my other favorite spot.  Well, who am I kidding.  There was not a bad spot!


































So much wildlife right in our yard...


Soon we were all tired...so we had dinner, and tucked into our beautiful beds.









No comments: