Friday, August 06, 2021

Day 37 - Idaho (Aug 2)

By Finny

Mom and I got up early and hung out in the lodge for a bit.

We did a hike around the property with my dad when he got up.  There are some pretty cool glamping sites right by the river - with beer in the river!  My mom thought it was genius.



Here's the front of the lodge.


I thought these were big dogs, but it turns out they are the goats Penny works with.

There was a 50% chance of rain expected around 1 today so we headed out first thing to do some hiking in the Tetons - with our bear spray.

I got in some snuggles along the way...

The drive through the Tetons was really pretty!



When we got to the hiking trail there was a sign that said NO DOGS!  I was bummed.  I stayed with my dad and my mom and kids did the 4 mile hike.  The photos looked great!







  












We stopped for lunch at Jackson Lake Lodge built by Rockefellers and had a picnic outside, since dogs were not allowed inside.




On we journeyed...

So beautiful!

I found this sign a bit disconcerting.  Shortly after we did see a great big moose sitting in the brush, but we weren't able to snap a photo for my blog.  The rangers were out to keep the traffic meeting.

We traveled over by Mormon's Row.  My mom was pretending like she was Ansel Adams.















We headed home through Jackson Hole...


We had rainbow trout for dinner back at the lodge.


I practiced biking with my mom and Lily after dinner.  It was pretty fun!  Then I took a turn with dad and Corey.





Lily and mom went on a ride down the road again to find the start of the trail we are hiking tomorrow.  Just a half-mile up the road they crossed from Idaho into Wyoming, which is pretty cool.





Another game night :)

No comments: