Monday, May 30, 2022

Uganda - December 29


Day 4 Gulu to Kalongo

The day began with a run around the city with a few of the students.




We stopped for iced coffees on our way out of town.  Fun to have my amazing student / photographer in the mix to capture so many shots!

Our ride!  Three Wild Wings Safari Vans.

We made a stop at Saint Monica's for a tour. This is the vocational school of Sister Rosemary (the Sewing Hope Documentary)



This house at St. Monica's is made of our waterbottles filled with dirt.


On the road again...

We visited a hyrdroponics farm to explore growing tilapia at Saint Bakhitas.



And finally, we made a visit to the Archbishop of Gulu.  Always an honor.



Photos from the drive...


We passed these young men making bricks.  I gave them granola bars, which they were thrilled with!



Arriving at Saint Bakhita's was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had!  The last time I was at the school I spent my time navigating countless challenges, from structures and water to staffing student recruitment.  Arriving the beautiful cheering and song of our first cohort of Innovation Scholars will be etched on my soul forever.





We had a late dinner under the outdoor seating area before settling in for the night.


No comments: