Saturday, June 15, 2024

Florence - Day 2, June 5

 I headed out for a run in the morning and brought back cappuccinos, croissants, and cannoli to coax my tired travelers from their beds. It worked :)







The girls had a big agenda of all of the museums, churches and gardens they wanted to take in. With a large group, lunch reservations were easier than dinner, so the girls divided their schedule in "before lunch" and "after lunch" blocks.

The rest of us explored a bit and did a little shopping before meeting at Brac, a cool vegetarian restaurant set in a bookstore.





After lunch, Corey and spent some time working and enjoying aperitivo at La Menagerie. Definitely one of my favorite spots in Florence to sit and work. Great food, coffee, ambience, and a playlist that always includes one of my favorites, Ella Fitzgerald.



We planned to pick up sandwiches to picnic at the Piazza Michelangelo to watch the sunset, but the line for All'Antico Vinaio was too long. We had a beautiful view of the sunset over the Ponte Vecchio bridge, and for my first time, I was able to sit on the stone wall - at least until the girls arrived and then I gave them my coveted spot.
















Crazy enough as we were walking down in the masses of people with multiple options to choose on how you get down (or up) I ran into a friend (Quinn Doo) from our neighborhood in South Bend! The odds were a billion to one.

Once down, we headed right to the panini shop :) My "go-to" has truffle cream on it. YUM!





Afterwards, we tried out Gia and Caden's new gelato spot they discovered. Caden has moved from fruit flavors to chocolate Nutella with more chocolate and Nutella. He is my son after all.

No comments: