Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Porto to the Algarve Coast - Day 9, June 12

For my "farewell to Porto" run, I ran across the bridge, on the lower level, and ran up (or down?) the other side of the river, listening to the Villain album from Verve Pipe. It was a great morning. I had thought I would cross the next bridge up, but it was a long hike up the hill to get to the start of the bridge and there was a lot of traffic, so I ran back the way I came. Amazing how a different direction changes the whole view.




The steps leading down to our courtyard.


A shrine in the courtyard I had not noticed until now.

Caden and Corey went to pick up the rental car while we packed up and took the bags up to the road.




We squeezed into the car - literally - me with two backpacks on my lap, and set off. First we stopped off at the brunch place Lily, Sophia and I discovered. Once again, exceeded expectations.

The drive to the Algarve coast was about 4 hours. We stopped off at the "Oxford of Portugal" - Coimbra University to check it out. We couldn't find parking so did a quick drive through.

We arrived in the town of Luz around 6 PM and headed to dinner. Beautiful house, set on three levels with two bedrooms and a bath on the floor you enter, the master suite in the lower level, and the kitchen and living room on the top. Gorgeous views of the ocean throughout, especially from the balcony off the living room. It has glass panel doors that slide fully open to extend the room to the patio. My favorite feature of the house!



We had tapas at Boaty's.

The kids explored the rocks and looked for sea urchins and seashells.




We stopped at a gelato shop on the way back. Crazily I did not snap a photo!

No comments: