Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Algarve - Day 11 - 12, June 14 - 15

 I decided to scout out the cliff walk to Lagos for my morning run. It looked to be about 6 miles, so the plan was I would have Corey and the kids meet that way to visit a different beach. I headed out later than I meant to, around 8:30 AM. I stopped to get some water to put in my yoga pockets, and to have at least a bill of 5 Euros so that I could use my credit card, I ended up with coffee and a pasteis de nata. Definitely not the best pre-run fueling!




Steep start to the trail but undulating once at the top. There were signs all over about the potential of crumbling cliffs so stayed away from the edge! Stunning views. The ocean colors were so pretty.
















Corey and the kids made it to me around 11. We got breakfast and then headed down to the beach. It was really hot and water was chilly, in the high 60's. We took a couple of swims and the kids played a little volleyball.


Once back, Corey made mojitos, Lily made burrata, Sophia made a veggie tray, and Caden served up more of the golden kiwi.  



We had a wonderfully lazy rest of the day with some reading...

...and shell organizing.

Shopping... (Gia ended up with this cure sweatshirt)

Sitting at a café listening to music...



I came across another gelato shop that was also a bakery. They were out of their olive bread, but offered to make me a fresh loaf that I could pick up in 30-minutes - which I of course did. Great with anchovies and white wine!

Later we walked back to the new gelato place and then played a bit of volleyball.


No comments: